Thursday, December 26, 2013

Driving the lean bacon!

"Move over bacon! Time for something leaner!" Yes! and it still tastes like bacon! Mmmm...bacon!!! NOM NOM NOM!



Admit it! We all love bacon! Its hard to imagine a world without bacon! We know its so very bad for us, but we keep stuffing our faces with it. Well, I am going out on a limb here and compare my vehicle to, yep..you guessed it...bacon!

We all need some mode of transport. Since I cannot own a Sandspeeder (yet) and my request for a Millennium Falcon is on backorder(shhh),  I have to go with a normal automobile.  Yes - I said automobile.....



As a mom of two and a then family of four, the logical - the societal norm was to rock a mini van. Well, that's what we did.  So we(ahem..I) did a search for mini vans all just a few mere months before my second child was born. I admit it...the sliding doors, dvd, double moon roof, seat heaters, satellite radio, navi, and bluetooth was all very alluring. But truth be told, I decided on the Toyota Sienna because it has the most "bacon-y"  full swag you tube commercial out there....BEHOLD- the reason behind my mini-van purchase. Correction - not just a mini van..it was the SWAGGER WAGON!





Ah, yes...marketers love me. I will fall for a slick advertisement anytime(recall the Mickey Mouse talking phone from earlier posts?). But yes, that is why I bought a mini van...this ad sold me some bacon...some full fat...swaggy....delicious...family friendly bacon!  I wanted to be that slick in my Swagger Wagon!

FAST FORWARD!

Well...here we are now 2013 - almost 2014 (thank God I need a fresh start here) and I no longer need the full fat ride. I need something much leaner. Momma needs a new swaggy ride. Single Swagger Mom does not look so fly rollin' up to dinner, the bars...wherever, in a mini van...even it if it called a Swagger Wagon.

So I went to the dealer the other day and traded in my bacon for something leaner. I have now a RAV4 Limited!  Its the Sizzlean of mom vehicles. I feel like I lost 50 pounds in a day and I look like a total badass!

This car is so much more me! This car is exactly what the boys and I needed!  I mean come on!!!! Its practically a baby!!!! Its much cuter than the van. It gets better mileage and the payment each month is much more manageable for this mom.



The only thing that is pretty creepy about it is that is can read aloud my texts and picture messages can come though on it when I have the bluetooth connected. So, I will just leave that bluetooth off...just saying....LOL.

Overall, I am super happy with this decision. I feel sexier, swaggier, younger and like I lost 50 pounds. I don't feel like I should be wearing "Mom-jeans" either...not that I ever did wear those.  If you know me in real life you know that I would NEVER rock the "Mom- jeans".  I'm a lean, mean, driving machine.
my car - love it

A new car.
A new kind of bacon.
A fresh start.
A new year ahead!

Swagger on!
@Irishbele2000 - Twitter
@Irishbelle78 - Instagram  (and come on - I know some of you don't follow me yet here...lol )

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment