Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's Getting Hot in Here…...

I am here!  I know you were worried I would never arrive!  Well Swagger Mom is up and running and ready to amuse the world - one random thought at a time.

OK…...

Before I get all Swagger Mom on you we need to talk about FIRES!  Listen to the dummy folks!




Alright, enough of that….well, there is never enough of THAT, but we have business to get down to.

Smokey the Bear was a wise forest friend with words of wisdom for all of us.

Remember - only YOU can prevent forrr…..oh and maybe you and ooh snap,  you, and you, and maybe her, and her and her can prevent forest fires!???!!! Wait - there are way too many bitches in this forest!!!!! HMMMM…..

Well, sometimes a fire HAS to burn in a forest to help the plants and vegetation breathe and grow better. I believe it is called a controlled burn - my firefighter friends can help me there or call my undereducated ass out.  Well, my life that I thought was so perfect - was a huge lie. I believed my own crap for years, and it needed to burn and oh hell,  burn it did!  The match needed to be struck, but the fucking lighter fluid that was poured on top of the fire?  THAT was an added dramatic touch that wasn't necessary! Seriously unnecessary!  Burned a little more than it should have, but it was a fire that was bound to happen.

Now with the fire out the hope is that everything can regrow again. Everything can grow right and strong with all crap cleared out. I hope I am making sense here. Get it? Fire = the crumbling marriage leading to divorce.  Fire analogy getting old yet?

Always better to walk away looking good ladies! LOL
35 years old and starting over.

12 years people!

Gone!

That is terrifying, but also exciting.  I have a much clearer picture of who I am and what I am capable of. I am a happier person now and I am ready for this new adventure. This blog is part of that adventure and I am honored if you join me for the ride. 

So ladies and gents…if you are looking for useful Mom advice, great crock pot recipes, clever homemade teacher gifts, how to interpret your teens' text messages (nbd btw ftw!), staying hip by learning to twerk or tweet - or how to save hundreds of dollars on car insurance - you have TOTALLY come to the WRONG place!  I will not offer ANY of that.  None of THAT here!  In fact, I doubt I will offer you anything useful here.

 Maybe you need this guy then:


So why swagger? 

Swagger can be a lot of things.  For me - it is not letting the world get to you, being who you are, and not being afraid to let that person out. Be random, be silly, be sexy, be funny, be free, be crazy, be loved, be nerdy (that's me) and most of all - BE  YOU- and good things will happen. You NEVER know WHAT or WHO is around the corner that is meant to be a positive part of your life. 


BONUS - you don't have to be a single mom to laugh at me.  I will always add my random running commentary about the world around us, my love of all things 80s and 90s,  funny shit I see,  and the cool people and things I meet along this journey.  Expect me to link you to all kinds of other great, amazing, and funny blogs to help entertain you down this road. Yet, if I can make one of you laugh for a moment I know I am doing something right and all this crazy is worth it. 

Also please note: This blog is still a baby and its still sloppy, crabby, and in need of boob and sleep all the time - oh wait…. that is someone else - OH SHIT! Never mind.

Alright - enough of the heavy crap - who wants to talk about Spin the Bottle!?!??!?!?!  

Shhh..that's next post bitches! Stay tuned!

This video is all that was right with the 90s - ah memories.

See you all soon! 
Molly - Swagger Mom
@Irishbelle2000 - to follow me on Twitter (if I haven't bored you enough already)

PS - if you don't like swear words maybe this blog or my Twitter page isn't for you. Thanks for playing though!


No comments:

Post a Comment